Sunday, January 5, 2014

12 Months 12 Books: The #2014reads Project

I have always adored reading. I used to devour books, barely able to stop myself to do other homework or chores. I poured over the Ramona books, got caught up in the magic of the Harry Potter series, and have found no greater comfort or hope than in the Word of God in the Bible. 

This all being said... I have stopped reading pretty much anything other than my Bible since Owen was born, and I really don't want that trend to continue. I realized that I tend to enjoy things more when I have a plan and have friends around me joining in, so I am trying something new: The #2014reads Project.

Throughout this year, I will be reading and reviewing one book a month (I hope) and will be posting quotes from the book which particularly stand out to me throughout the month on Twitter (follow me: @livingliketitus).

Here's where you come in - I would love for you to join me! Read the book of the month along with me and post your favorite quotes either here in the comments section of the blog, or on Twitter using the #2014reads hashtag.


Here are the books for 2014:

January - One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp
February - Crazy Love by Francis Chan
March - Lit! by Tony Reinke
April - Rid of My Disgrace by Justin and Lindsey Holcomb
May - Radical by David Platt
June - Marriage Matters by Winston T. Smith
July - Shadow of the Almighty by Elisabeth Elliot
August - On Being a Theologian of the Cross by Gerhard Forde
September - Shepherding a Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp
October - The God Who is There by D.A. Carson
November - Running Scared: Fear, Worry, and the God of Rest by Edward Welch
December - Because He Loves Me by Elyse Fitzpatrick

I'm so excited to read along with you this year!

Until next post,
Sola Dei Gloria 


No comments:

Post a Comment